Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crazy Life

I don't really have much to write about, but I haven't posted anything in a while so I thought I'd see what I came up with. Things have been pretty busy lately, also pretty good. The first couple weeks of classes have gone alright, but I'm feeling a little behind on the motivation this early in the semester. I suppose it is due to a lack of interest in the classes that I'm taking. My Women in Literature class isn't starting out so well since the first book isn't interesting at all. I try to pay attention to the things we are supposed to, but I find myself reading the words but not actually analyizing them. The book is Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. The worst class of them all is definitely Introductory Algebra, it's a very low level math class, but my brain just doesn't process mathematical equations easily. This class is taking up so much of my time. Over the last 2 days I've spent at least 10 hours on the homework, and not even doing well on them; It's pretty draining. I'm also supposed to figure out the topics of my first 2 speeches for Speech class...I've been slacking there too, I'm hoping to get that finished tomorrow night. Developmental Psychology is another story; I am LOVING this class. I haven't had to do any work outside of class just yet since we make good use of our time in class. It helps a ton being so interested in the topic being studied.

Speaking of Developmental Psychology; I have a meeting at UW Madison next week to meet with an advisor. I am interested in applying for the Child Development major there, so I need to find out what I need to get done before I can apply for a transfer. I'm hoping it goes well and don't hear anything I didn't expect to hear; unless positive of course!

With all of these things life is so busy. It's hard to find time for all the people in my life and all of the things I want/need to do. Since Angelo and I have recently gotten back together, he's one of my top priorities aside from school. I had a super fun time out with some girl friends last night though, a much needed social night! I just need to keep my motivation for the things that are important, and make time for everything. That includes volunteering at the elementary school--even though the kids are crazy most of the time, I really enjoy being there with them after school; and it doesn't hurt that it will help me get into the college I want!

1 comment: